Wednesday, March 15

Fix Your Computer, Get Free Music

For those of you that haven't been following the lawsuit against Sony BMG with their Digital Rights Management System (DRM), it's over, and Sony lost. The thing is, I'm betting a lot of people don't know how to submit claims. Hell, I've been following this thing since the beginning and I didn't know how. Lucky for us the fine folks at Electronic Frontier Foundation have provided a link for easy access to Sony's claim form.

People, this is important. Review these lists and send back your CDs. This lawsuit has set the ground work to help keep our lives safe in the digital age. The root-kit software that is installed from these CDs not only limits what you can do with the music you RIGHTFULLY OWN, but also makes your computer vulnerable to hacking attacks.

Since I knew what I was getting when I bought the 4 CDs that have this malicious software on them I was able to bypass it, but I'm sure many of you didn't know, and hopefully this will help

UNITE!

Claim your share of the Sony BMG settlement

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do people still buy CDs?

I like this new "Internets" that we have these days which allows me to get all my music for free than decide who gets my money later. I have a rule: If you have a video on MTV, or get played on Mainstream radio there is no chance I will be giving you my money because you have enough. Johnny Rotten is a malcontent prick, but he has got one thing right: the sooner we put the music industry out of business the better. The average signed Artest gets payed 1% or less of the album sales -- that is despicable.

Although, I did buy my mom "Clay Aiken Christmas" last year so it looks like I will be making a claim.

Mole said...

Thats the same question my best friend asked me.

I think it's the idea of having something tangible to put my hands on. Maybe I'm a lemming, or maybe I like looking at album art?

I'm probably a lemming.