Monday, February 27

Cali sucks

NASCAR goes to Cali, the fans go to sleep.

I can't comment much on the race as both my dad and I sleep through all but first and last 50 laps. I really didn’t think anything could get as boring as last week's race but the single file racing at California is about like watching a Zach Braf movie.

I would like to give a quote of the race but I sleep through it all so I have nothing. I did read a good series of lines from Dale Jr. to his Crew Chief Tony Jr. so I'll give it to him.


Dale Earnhardt Jr.: "Yeaaaahhh! I'm the lucky dog! I saw Martin [Truex Jr.] coming in behind me and I thought I was going to have to race for it."
Tony Eury Jr.: "Uhh, Junebug, you're not even close to being a lap down."
Dale Jr.: "What's going on, am I a lap down?"
Tony Jr.: "No, we're on the lead lap. We're 17th, and there are 26 cars on the lead lap."
Dale Jr.: "Oh, I saw that 1 next to my number on the board, and I got nervous because it said there I'm a lap down."
Tony Jr.: "Yeah, that's because nobody is clicking off their deals when they come around. The leaders were so far ahead from the field, I guess it got a little confusing."


NASCAR needs to go back to "The Rock".

No comments: