Saturday, October 14

So, yeah.....I Popped My Cherry Today

There aren't many things that get me excited. By excited I don't mean 6-year-old Christmas morning excited, nor do I mean Kanye West getting a new Mercedes excited. I mean, nervous, and I'm talking SO tight, that you can't drive a nail up my ass.

Today I had a college tryout to see if I'm good enough to call softball at the next level. I had three games today in a little round robin friendly that consisted of teams from Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana. My games weren't perfect, but they were solid, and I felt really great on my drive home.

You know, people do a lot of bitching and complaining about officials and the calls that are made during the course of a game. They speak on how "they" don't care, how "they" take "it" away from the kids, but you should see it from behind the mask. Anyone can be an armchair quarterback, just like everyone can see a strike or ball better when they're looking through a chain-link fence. But Quite honestly, the average person doesn't have the guts, balls, intelligence, or the mental fortitude to not only learn and apply the rules in a pressure situation, but also keep control of a continuingly volatile situation.

Hell, if reffing were easy, they'd calling it coaching......Just kidding Coach Johnson.....

Today I went out, having never so much as set foot on a college ball field, and fucking dominated. I worked my ass off. Not for the coaches, not for the fans, and not for the players, but for me. Even though it was my first time in a college situation, there wasn't a soul that knew it, but me. And that's probably why I spent the majority of my first plate game trying to choke down vomit. It's funny; I care so much about getting it right on the field that it literally makes me sick during a game.

Anyway, I'm here, I'm young, and I'm good. The NCAA is about to be changed forever.

3 comments:

Nathan M. Oxley said...

Nice job, didnt know you were going after it. But once you make it to the majors, expect me to have a seat right behind you so I can tell you what the last pitch was... and heckle the fuck out of you.

Nathan M. Oxley said...

Nice job man. Just know that soon I will be at your games to heckle the shit outta you.

Mole said...

I know I can always count on my friends for support.