Tuesday, October 17

Grunt Chunkin' Monkeys

The National Geographic News website is reporting that Baboon "Gangs" are terrorizing humans that live in South African Suburbs. Seeing as how most of you don't click the links to the articles that I randomly post, I'll summarize. It seems our red assed relatives are actually breaking into homes, and causing general chaos. The article actually has some pretty funny quotes from the local residents:
"They break windows to get into houses," Laing said. "They even know how to open doors. And once inside, they make a mess. They empty the fridge, ruin furniture, and defecate all over."

"I have had them in my house several times, even while I was there. They simply brushed past me. I had to get out of the way," Laing said. "Even my husband got threatened by a baboon."

As you can tell, this is one of Africa's most intense problems, and obviously not one that can be solved by God, and his iPod.

I'm sure that science will come up with all kinds of theories and what not to support the reckless behaviors of these animals though. In fact, the article does say that's its human encroachment on their natural habitat that is the source of their tirades. Of course, the Mole has another theory. I feel it's the Eagles loss to the Saints that has these chimps in such an uproar. As you can see below they were pretty upset after Sunday's loss.


"The only difference in these two animals is that the one pictured right is house broken"

The funny thing is, the baboons in the jerseys above look similar these Neolithic bed wetters from across the Indian Ocean. Maybe this will go a long way in proving evolution?

No comments: