Thursday, March 30

La Vie Boheme

Just a quick hitter, but P is no longer allowed to pick out movies after making me sit through Rent.

You may call me uncouth, red-neck; say I lack culture, whatever, but I loath this movie with every fiber of my being.

If you've never been to see the live stage performance, or picked this up at your local Blockbuster, here is what you're missing.

There are a group of friends; they're all young adults living in the Bohemian Lower East Side of New York. I'm guessing it's somewhere around the mid to late 80's. They're functional bohemians though, if by functional you mean they have yet to succumb to their drug addictions, HIV infections, or starvation. Though it is squalor, it's theirs, and they're living in it.

What is the purpose of this movie? Fuck if I know, but it seems, to be the heroine, you need to do heroin, be starving poor, or gay. Oh, and God forbid if you make a success of yourself and grow up. If you do, you’ll be looked down upon by old friends, who, you know, are asked not to come into a restaurant because they're known for not paying.

Why did I finish this movie? I was hoping that there would be a happy ending for the Mole, and everyone would die of the AIDS they contracted. Only one did though....disappointing.

Are there any redeeming qualities from Rent? One, Rent provided an opening sequence to Trey Parker and Matt Stone's (South Park) Team America: World Police. The hero of that movie, is in an off broadway performance of a show called Lease. We first see the charater of Gary performing a number called "Everybody Has AIDS". (I laughed till I cried)

Moral: I guess there is a good reason to burn books, that reason being if Rent was also adapted into paper back form.

Exploding ham filled Michael Moore Marionette > ((bad actors + bad script) x (horrible songs))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

magazine ads magazine ads magazine ads print ads
magazine ad [url=http://www.adforcigarettes.info ]vintage advertisements [/url]old advertisements
print ads old advertisements
old ads vintage advertisement